jueves, 4 de junio de 2015
DECANTER MAGAZINE TOP THREE RIOJAS - URBINA SELECCIÓN 1999
Decanter Magazine March 2015
“Pedro Benito Urbina, Selección Crianza 1999: it was delightful to taste this mature traditional style – the oldest wine in the tasting. Light-bodied with moderate alcohol and a silky palate; tobacco oak adds a savory note. Long and delicately Balanced. This is what Rioja can do! 18.5/20 (95/100) Drink 2015-2025” Sarah Jane Evans (Master of Wine)
Sarah Jane Evans MW first started drinking Spanish wine – Sherry, whilst at the University of Cambridge studying SPS. Subsequently she worked as an editor in book publishing, and in magazines (as Associate Editor of BBC Good Food). She’s written three books, the first an introduction to Spanish food, the second a history of the city of Seville, and the third (due out in October ) Chocolate Unwrapped, a guide to chocolatiers and their bars (include some top Spanish producers).
She became a Master of Wine in 2006 and won the Robert Mondavi winery prize for the highest overall marks in the theory exam. Her dissertation was on Sherry (still a favourite topic). Today she is a member of the Council of the Institute of Masters of Wine, and is actively involved in the Education Programme.
Recently she was made a member of the Gran Orden de Caballeros de Vino, only the fourth woman in the organisation’s history, for her services to Spanish wine. In addition to co-chairing the DWWA Spanish panel she has judged wine internationally in Argentina, Australia, Chile, France, Georgia, Germany, as well as the UK; she writes about wine for Decanter and for a number of consumer magazines; hosts consumer and specialist wine tastings ; and is a former President of the Guild of Food Writers and a Founder Member of the Academy of Chocolate.
DECANTER MAGAZINE (THE WORLD´S BEST WINE MAGAZINE)
- Description: Decanter is a magazine on wine and spirits. Considered by the wine consumers, experts and connoisseur as the world's best wine magazine. Therefore it is the world's leading wine media company.
Decanter also organizes the annual Decanter World Wine Awards.
- Decanter Magazine: The world-renowned wine consumer publication. Published in about 90 countries on a monthly basis. The magazine includes industry news, vintage guides and wine recommendations.
- Decanter.com: Read in over 200 countries
- Decanter Events: They have a calendar of wine and tasting events in the Uk.
- Decanter World Wine Awards: The world's largest wine competition.
- Decanterchina.com: A bi-lingual Chinese and English website.
- Decanter Asia Wine Awards: Asia'a largest wine competition.
- Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA): Is a wine competition founded in 2004 and is the world's biggest wine competition with over 15,000 entries per year. The results of the competition are published on Decanter's website and in Decanter's August edition.
Chaired by wine expert Steven Spurrier, the annual competition brings the world's greatest palates together to discover the finest wines from around the globe.
- Editor-in-chief: Guy Woodward
- Categories: Wine magazines
- Frequency: Monthly
- Circulation: 40,000
- Publisher: IPC Media
- Year founded: 1975
- Country: United Kingdom, United States
- Language: English
- Website: www.decanter.com